There’s a fun trend happening on the web where people take an old picture of their grandmother or grandfather and recreate it as best they can.
Mimicking their grandparents’ hairstyle, clothing, poses, and even location, the photographic recreations are striking. Some family resemblances are so strong, you’d swear the grandchildren are actually clones! It makes you realize how closely related we all are to the loved ones who have passed on, and how little people have changed in spite of the many ways the world around us has transformed over time. Check out 28 of the coolest photo recreations below.
1. This grandmother and granddaughter look stunningly similar.
2. “My Grandparents, around 1927.”
“Me and My Boyfriend, 2013.”
3. This woman recreated her great-grandmother’s 1918 portrait.
4. This man is retracing his grandfather’s steps during World War II. Here, he inserted himself into a photo of his grandfather on the streets of Pleurtuit, France, in 1944.
5. This woman’s friend recreated her grandmother’s picture — nearly 70 years later.
6. “I turn twenty in 30 minutes. For the last hour of my teens I wanted to reproduce my favourite picture of my grandfather when he was my age studying at Hitotsubashi University.”
7. This man and his grandfather’s photo are separated by 51 years, but they could be twins!
8. This photographer recreated a photo of her great-great-grandmother Jane.
9. “My grandpa, my dad, and myself. Making three generations of wives worried sick.”
10. This woman recreated her grandparents’ wedding photo from 1954 in 2017.
11. “Grandpa at East Base Antarctica 1940 on left. Me last week on right.”
12. “Sitting exactly where my grandfather sat in WWII. 1944 vs 2014. Arno River, Florence Italy.”
13. When this man’s grandmother passed away, the family decided to sell her house. He says, “I found a picture of my Grandpa and me (circa 1984) in a box while cleaning and recreated it with my children.”
14. This recreated Polaroid photo looks almost exactly the same!
15. “My grandpa & my son with their daddies, 82 years apart.”
16. This woman took a similar photo as her grandma did when she was 20 — they were taken 81 years apart.
17. This is wild! “My great grandfather and I trained at the same location, exactly 100 years apart. He left for France shortly after this was taken in 1917.”
18. “The greatest man I know. My grandfather and I, 60 years apart, both taken at 23 yo and in the same jacket.”
19. This guy mimicked his grandfather’s sweet style.
20. “My mum and grandmother (1977); me and my mum (2012). Two generations of University of Melbourne graduates!”
21. Taken 80 years apart, this woman looks just like her great-grandmother.
22. They were both bombshells: “My dad’s mother and me, 70 years apart.”
23. This photo of a man and his grandfather was taken roughly 60 years apart in the same location.
24. This woman recreated her once-16-year-old grandmother’s prom picture.
25. “My daughter graduates HS this year, part of her senior photographs we recreated a picture of my mother when she was close to her age back in the 1950’s.”
26. “For my grandpa’s 90th birthday, I recreated the photo of his mother when she was 19.”
Wow, aren’t these incredible! Makes us want to dig out our family albums and get to work. Please share this story to make someone smile today.