Kids are notoriously imaginative. But when they present an idea, many adults discount them as silly or too crazy to work.
But aren’t all genius concepts kind of crazy when you first hear about them? Surely, when people initially learned of computers, cell phones, and even the internet, they thought they were wacky ideas. So why don’t we pay more attention to the out-of-the-box ideas our kids pitch? When you see these genius inventions, you’ll probably never brush off that idea your tween has again.
1. This little girl made sure she didn’t have to take water breaks while she crushed competitors at video games.
2. True, this might be a choking hazard, but it’s also a pretty genius way to eat peas…
3. This five-year-old invented the hottest new hands-free technology.
4. No glass table? A coat hanger apparently does the trick, too!
5. This girl was tired of holding her cards. We are not worthy!
6. Ever want to rest your head while wearing a hoodie. Try the hoodie pillow!
7. Selfie stick? Nah, the selfie straw is far cheaper and just as effective.
8. Can’t reach something? Don’t call on your taller friend ever again!
9. The ultimate way to quench any level of thirst.
10. Hate how people talk during movies or how your friends hog the armrest? This home theater solves all problems.
11. This nine-year-old is a pure lawn-mowing genius.
12. And this girl made a phone charger out of an altoids can.
13. This little guy was tired of his scooter getting away from him so he came up with an epic solution.
14. Presumably, when mom asked this smarty pants to clean the patio, he came up with this efficient fix.
15. We’ve all had a yearning to fly a kite when it wasn’t windy out. This kid attached a balloon to a fishing pole and instantly solved that problem.
16. It’s not the most flattering way to leave the house during allergy season, but it’s definitely a unique look.
17. Your spoon will never fall victim to a soupy demise again.
18. This little lady came up with an inexpensive solution to amplify cell phone speakers.
19. Never worry about dropping a book in the bathtub again!
20. This kid capitalized on the Pokémon GO craze — and kept everyone’s safety in mind.
Share these ideas if you wished you had come up with them first!