Thanksgiving is a holiday that often involves spending lots of time with family members that you might not see all the time. Sometimes that means the conversations can be awkward or forced, and there’s only one way to deal with situations like these: use humor!
Below you’ll find 15 funny, family-friendly “dad jokes” that are sure to make everyone in your extended family laugh… and maybe groan a little. It’s all in good fun, though! Don’t be afraid to be a bit corny. Read on to fill your mind with goofy one-liners that you can tell between mouthfuls of pie, turkey, and wine-induced naps. Happy Thanksgiving!
1. Knock, knock… Who’s there? Gladys… Gladys who?
Gladys Thanksgiving. Aren’t you?
2. Q: If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
3. Q: Where do you find a turkey with no legs?
A: Exactly where you left it.
4. A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store for Thanksgiving, but couldn’t find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock boy, “Do these turkeys get any bigger?”
“No, ma’am. They’re dead.”
5. Q: Why do pilgrims’ pants always fall down?
A: Because they wear their belt buckles on their hats!
6. Q: What did the turkey say to the computer?
A: “Google, Google, Google.”
7. Q: What did the turkey say to the turkey hunter on Thanksgiving Day?
A: “Quack! Quack!”
8. Q: What kind of music did the Pilgrims listen to at the first Thanksgiving feast?
A: Plymouth Rock!
9. “I was going to serve sweet potatoes with Thanksgiving dinner, but I sat on them.”
“What are you serving now?”
10. Q: What do you call a turkey on the day after Thanksgiving?
11. Q: Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building?
A: Yes, of course! A building can’t jump at all.
12. Q: Why can’t you take a turkey to church?
A: They use FOWL language.
13. Q: What happened when the turkey got into a fight?
A: He got the stuffing knocked out of him!
14. Q: What do you get when you cross a turkey with a banjo?
A: A turkey that can pluck itself!
15. Q: Who doesn’t eat on Thanksgiving?
A: A turkey because it’s always stuffed.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Be sure to share this list to make someone laugh this holiday!